I hope that you had a nice week 😊 in Switzerland it is very cold at the moment. I like the cold weather better than the heat, but everything below zero is definitely too cold for me😉
This week was sort of a transition week, i.e. we started with our new projects/tasks, finished the old ones and worked through many small tasks, which are on our never ending to-do-list. The most important task was definitely to check our production files over and over again and to improve the smallest details, etc. As we announced our print proof came on Monday, which shows all components in the final print quality (see pictures below). Let me tell you, Rozenn’s artworks/the whole game looks incredibly beautiful 😀 we were thrilled! The quality of our own printers and those of the prototype producers is o.k., but it never came close to this professional quality. The artworks have bright/strong/shining colors and are sharp to the smallest detail, it looks amazing! But we also noticed two “problems” (the font was somehow faulty converted and certain images were slightly blurred). We corrected these problems immediately (together with the help of my brother) and requested a second proof, which we received on Wednesday. Now everything looks as planned 😊 On Friday we received the invoice from Ludofact (50% in advance), which we payed immediately i.e. on Monday Ludofact starts with the pre-production-phase of Darwin’s Choice (and in about 6 weeks the games will be produced within a time period of 1-2 days). After these 6 weeks i.e. at the beginning of March, all games will be shipped immediately and will arrive at your place depending on your geographical distance from Germany (more about this/with more precise information in one of the next updates, when I have organized the shipping). The fact that we are on schedule and can finally start with the pre-production/production phase was a huge relief for me since we have been working hard for months to achieve this! On Monday we give Ludofact the final print PDFs, but before that we will be looking through everything one last time.
The first print proof included all components (cards, chips, rule book, box…) of the game so that we could ensure the quality of each chip/card.
The second print proof contained only a selection of components so that we could be sure that our adjustments had worked.
Here again the LINK to the final rulebooks.
Important: Next Saturday I will be going on holiday for one week (the first time in one year). I promised my girlfriend that I won’t work during this time! (I will only check my mails each day for 1h and answer the most important ones) I.e. next Saturday Samuel will write the weekly update and be there for you 😊 have a fun with him and be nice 😉
Now a look at the next weeks… Rozenn starts on Monday with the drawings for Darwin’s Choice – Before and After. Tomorrow I will have to prepare a few things so that Rozenn knows exactly what our vision is. Then next week I will organize the whole fulfillment. Additionally, we will plan the official release of Darwin’s Choice i.e. we will contact many reviewers and think about ways to push Darwin’s Choice (e.g. Social Media ads). This will be an important moment for the future of our start up and therefore must be planned precisely! And of course, there are many other tasks as well, like updating our website, working on our new games, organizing our convention appearances of 2019, etc. More about all these “things” will come in the next updates 😉
Now, enjoy your weekend and thanks again for reading my update!
With best regards,
Marc, Elio and Samuel