- 7 New artworks by Rozenn are shown in this update.
- This update thematizes the Pledge Manager, which will be sent out on Monday. Every backer should read this update 😉
- Soundtrack of the week: Damian Lynn – Feel the Heat
I hope you had an exciting week 😊 this week I was mainly taking care of the Pledge Manager who starts on Monday. I have a lot to tell you about the Pledge Manager, but first I have some new artwork by Rozenn that I want to show you.
In the last week I worked pretty much every day on the Pledge Manager. Because every pledge level, every original artwork, every shipping zone has to be implemented in the Pledge Manager i.e. I can’t just press a button, and everything is taken over from our Kickstarter page (that would be nice xD but unfortunately that’s not the case :P). Every product needs a picture, a weight, dimensions, a description, etc. All backers have to be imported with their pledge totals and of course there is no room for mistakes, because otherwise suddenly backer A would have the shopping cart of backer B (= 1-2 unhappy backers per error; If you are the one that received the higher pledge you are maybe not very unhappy ;)). Additionally, I have to make sure that the shipping costs of the KS campaign and in the Pledge Manager are exactly the same, which is not that easy. In Kickstarter the shipping costs are defined per pledge, but in the Pledge Manager everything is calculated per weight. I had to make sure that in the end all backers get the same numbers. Samuel and I will check around 100 samples today, i.e. see if backer X has exactly the right products in his shopping cart and that his shipping costs still fit. We just want to be 100% sure that in the end everything is right. But you don’t have to worry about that, that’s our job. So, here is the most important information for you:
- We have chosen the Pledge Manager “Gamefound”. First, we don’t have to pay a fee and don’t have to give away a percentage of our revenues with Gamefound. Secondly, Gamefound is very flexible, i.e. it allows very individual solutions. We are really satisfied with the result.
- You will receive a mail on Monday to your Kickstarter mail address with your access to the Pledge Manager. Just click on the link and read the instructions which you can see on the first page. The text is in English and German.
- “Late Backers” who preordered their pledge on our website won’t receive an invitation to the pledge manager, because I already have their shipping address.
- In the Pledge Manager you can increase your pledge, but not decrease it. That means you can e.g. add an original artwork of Rozenn to your pledge. That’s the last chance to get one of her artworks.
- It is worthwhile to increase your own amount, because we will add all the earnings collected in the Pledge Manager to the Kickstarter campaign total, so it is still possible to reach the last 3 stretch goals. With that the missing 15 small and 9 big Animal Cards would show an individual artwork by Rozenn and that would be awesome. Thanks a lot for your support in advance!
- In the “Check Out” you will provide us your shipping address. You can change this address for another 2-3 months. But I would be very happy if you enter an address which will not change in the next 9 months. I.e. if you already know that you will move this year, just give us a “safe” address of a friend, your parents etc. And please read your address carefully, during the last campaign we had some spelling mistakes etc. which delayed the delivery. If you want your pledge as soon as possible, then give us an address that will not change this year, with the corresponding “name” that lives at this location and make sure that everything is spelled correctly 😉
- In the Check Out you can also choose the language of your products (English or German). The default option is “English”, so if you want your products in German, you have to change this in the Check Out.
- By means of the Kickstarter Survey, we will ask you in March for the name that you want to immortalize on our website. (Gamefound has not option for this) So don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about this.
- All backers who have chosen the “Retailer Pledge” will receive a separate mail from me on Monday.
- If you have a problem with the Pledge Manager, just send an email to email@example.com. I will solve your problem immediately and answer your questions. If you already have a question, just post a comment below this update.
That’s it from my site 😊 Samuel is still working on the encyclopedia and Elio is redesigning our website. Now I wish you a wonderful Sunday. Tomorrow you will already hear from me again.
With best regards,
Marc, Elio and Samuel