- Pledge Manager: 84% have already filled out the Pledge Manager, the remaining 16% will receive a reminder on Monday (including a Kickstarter Personal Message).
- Some special animal artworks are shown in this update, e.g. those that the backers have determined in the polls.
- Through the Pledge Manager another stretch goal (no. 13) was unlocked 🙂
- We as a team decided to give you the last two Stretch Goals (14 & 15), so that all cards in both the basic game and the expansion will show a unique artwork.
- Soundtrack of the week: AURORA – Through the Eyes of a Child (I love all her songs)
I hope you are enjoying “Super Bowl” Sunday with your family 🙂 I will watch the Super Bowl with my brother, as a Swiss I am neutral and decide which team I support during the game 😉
So far 84% of all backers have filled out the Pledge Manager. Thanks for that! About 16% of the backers who have not filled out the Pledge Manager (Gamefound) yet. I will send these backers a reminder and a KS Personal Message tomorrow Monday. If you have already filled out the Pledge Manager, you can simply ignore this PM. The sooner everyone has filled out the Pledge Manager the sooner I will know the amount we need to produce = the production process can start.
Rozenn is now almost finished with all the artwork 🙂 so in this update I want to show you some important artworks. First of all, you can see below all the artworks you have chosen during the KS campaign in the polls we held. I hope that you really like what you see and that you are still satisfied with your choice.
In my last update I told you that we will add 5 more cards to the game. The artworks of these 5 cards have now been drawn by Rozenn. I hope you like them 🙂 With the Pinky Fairy Armadillo, which was chosen by Tim, Rozenn has done a brilliant job. For me it is clear, this is the most beautiful illustration of all – simply a masterpiece. It even surpasses the legendary lionfish from the base game.
As announced by us, we have decided to add the funds collected during the Pledge Manager’s to the total funds raised on Kickstarter. As a result, Stretch Goal no. 13 was unlocked, and the expansion gets several new impressive artworks. Many thanks to all backers who added a few CHF to their pledge to make this possible! We really appreciate it!
When the Pledge Manager reached 80% last week, we sat together as a team. Because it became assessable that we wouldn’t reach all stretch goals and therefore not all illustrations in the game would be unique. We then had a long and intense discussion within the team about what to do with this situation. Result: We decided to pay the money for the last two Stretch Goals ourselves, so that all Stretch Goals get unlocked and all cards of Darwin’s Choice (Base Game + Expansion) will be unique. This is an expensive decision for us and will remain an exception, but we had four good reasons for this decision:
- This KS campaign was about the expansion of Darwin’s Choice and not about a new game. In our opinion an expansion should always have the quality of the base game, i.e. if all cards in the base game are unique, this should also apply to the expansion.
- We really appreciate you our backers and your trust in us means a lot to us. For people you like, you go the extra mile.
- Rozenn has done a fantastic job for us. For a freelance illustrator like her, long/big contracts are important and provide security. That is why it was important for us to give her a gift with these extra illustrations.
- We have very high demands on our work and our projects/games. To include double cards in Darwin’s Choice would simply not fit our style. We cannot accept this.
I hope that you are happy with this decision and that you will think of us when you look through the decks for the first time (and for all the other times as well xD). It would be nice if you would remember this decision when you see a future project of ours, because it would help us enormously to have you again on board 😉
Happy “Super Bowl” Sunday and read you next week 🙂
With best regards,
Marc, Elio and Samuel